The Problem we are Solving:
Employment rates for people with disabilities (PWD) remains chronically low while the overall employment rate (labor participation rate) is at historic high levels. Employers struggle to find talent, while many millions of people all over the world with disabilities are unemployed. Most people with disabilities want to work and are capable of significant roles but often lack the education, skills or experiences for meaningful jobs. As a result, the employment challenges for individuals continue and the overall labor participation rates for people with disabilities is not progressing.
To solve this skills gap, and to enable employment opportunties which can in turn transform their lives, we are building training academies that provide people with disabilities with certifed skills that lead to high paying jobs. Our initial prototypes leverage the Cisco Networking Academy program to develop employable skills and globally recognized certification that leads to a high paying job careers in information technology and security. The certification the students receive is portable to every major employment center globally.
Prototypes have been completed in several locations with transformative results. To date, over 160 people with disabilities have completed the programs in the prototypes in the US and Europe with average graduation and employment rates over 90%. This program unlocks the great potential of people with disabilities and creates a bridge to the significant opportunities in the IT industry. The program is delivered through an innovative community partnership ecosystem of governments, employers, service agencies and advocacy groups. Together we are transforming employment and people's lives.
Planning is underway for additional programs in additional employment centers in the US, Europe, Africa and Asia. For more information on how you can participate visit our website www.bridgetoopportunity.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission is to transform lives for people of all abilities.
We envision a world where all people are valued for their contribution and character and fully embraced in work, church, and society.
Our success is attributable to our fundamental principles:
- All are welcome: We empower people of all abilities. We believe it is equally wrong to neglect people with certain disabilities as to exclude people with any disabilities.
- Our Tent is Big: We seek the collaboration and partnership of all organizations that have a commitment to our mission over their personal or financial gain.
- Public participation and support: We welcome government groups to support, sponsor and participate throughout the program to allow us to deliver it tuition-free to candidates.
- Lifetime of Success: We seek to develop the whole person to be the best using their God given talents. We seek to develop the employment and spiritual potential of our candidates and enable them for a lifetime of riches.
- Employment Assured: We see the value in our own lives of having meaningful work and seek to assure employment for all our candidates by developing skills and work experience for in-demand roles. We believe certification is key to our success and develop a certified skill set which demonstrates potential and provides assurance to employers.
- All Benefit: We seek to ensure all our stakeholders and partners beneifit their mission, brand and finances. We partner generously and collaborate selflessly with leading organizations all over the world to achieve our mission.
People with disabilities are excluded from work, the church and society at alarming rates. We seek to empower, enable and include them in all aspects of society, thereby enriching their lives.....and ours.Questions and Further Information:
If you have questions, or would like more information please contact:
Patrick Romzek, email@example.com